Rebates and concessions
The Queensland Government delivers a range of support to help Queenslanders cope in the face of rising electricity costs.
Electricity rebates and concessions available include:
- Electricity rebate - a rebate for pensioners and seniors
- Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Concession Scheme - a concession for low income consumers who have specific medical conditions that require frequent use of an air-conditioner to regulate their body temperature
- Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme - assistance for customers experiencing a crisis or unforeseen emergency
- Electricity Life Support Concession Scheme - a concession for consumers using life support machines
For information about these rebates and concessions:
- Visit the Every Dollar Counts website
- Phone Concession Services, Smart Services Queensland 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
The Queensland Government also supports low-income households and disadvantaged energy customers through the Consumer Advocacy Program which is delivered by the Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS). The $450 000 program ensures the needs of low-income households and disadvantaged energy customers are heard.
For further information about support available to Queenslanders, download the energy rebates and concessions fact sheet (PDF, 86kB).
Last updated 27 June 2011